A easy and delicious recipe, perfect weekend breakfast.
3 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 tablespoon non-aluminum baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
6 tablespoon vegan butter unsalted, cold
1/2 cup raisins
1 1/4 cup soy milk
1 cup sugar in the raw
- Sift together flour, baking powder ans salt.
- Cut butter into bits, and with your fingertips, blend into flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal.
- Using a fork, stir sugar, raisins, milk until just combined.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface.
- pat down till the dough resembles a flat, round bread; cut into 8 pieces, like pizza.
- Arrange scone 1 inch apart, bake for 15 minuter at 425 degrees. Serve hot.