Creamy Carrot-Leek Soup
This soup is creamy with a wonderful curry aroma.
2 pounds leeks rinsed and cut in thin slices
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 pounds carrots sliced into 1/4-inch rounds.
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
4 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
1 1/2 cups plain unsweetened soy milk
1/4 cup fresh parsley minced
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat oil in a stockpot over medium heat and add the leeks. Saute, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- When the leeks are tender, stir in the curry powder, then add the carrots and stock.
- Increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to medium, and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occassionally, until the carrots are tender.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender. Add the milk, parsley, and salt and stir to combine.
- Serve hot.
- Serves 8, as a main dish.
- To clean the leek, remove and discard the tough, upper greens and root ends. Slice the remaining part of the leek in half, length-wise. Rinse under cold water to remove the dirt from between the layers. Cut into thin slices.