Made from scratch, a fall favorite in our house.
4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 cups sugar in the raw
1 3/4 cups shortning
2 cups pumpkin pureed
1/2 cup filtered water
3/4 cups almond milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
to taste sea salt
4 tablespoon egg replacer
- Combine flour, a pinch of salt and chilled shortening. Mix till the consistency is that of breadcrumbs.
- Add cold water and mix quickly to form the dough.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness. Line the pie tin. Chill the pie tin containing the dough.
- Combine pumpkin, Almond milk, spices, sugar and egg replacer. Pour into the lined pie tin and bake at 450 F for 15 minutes.
- Lower temprature to 350 F and cook further for 40 minutes.
- Serve with Coconut Whipped Cream