Pumpkin Chia Pudding
Delicious breakfast pudding. Tastes like pumpkin pie!
1 1/2 cups filtered water
4 tablespoons chia seeds
5 fresh dates pitted
1 cup roasted pumpkin
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 cup granola (optional)
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Cut pumpkin in half, remove seeds, place on an oiled sheet pan, and roast cut-side down at 350 degrees, for 45 minutes (or until the pumpkin is soft when pricked with a fork. When cool to the touch, scoop out the flesh and store in fridge until ready to use. (Canned fresh pumpkin may be substituted.)
- Place water in high-speed blender and sprinkle chia seeds on top. Allow seeds to soak for 15 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, dates, clove cinnamon, and allspice and blend until well mixed and creamy
- Remove from fridge, place in serving bowls and if desired sprinkle wih a little granola, or some chopped nuts. Enjoy!
- Allow mixture to cool in fridge. I usually make at night so it's ready in the morning.