Escarole with Sprouted Black Lentils
A hearty, colorful, and delicious dish that works both as a main meal or a side.
1 bunch escarole
1 cup black lentil
4 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoon grapeseed oil
to taste sea salt
to taste ground black pepper
- Soak Lentils overnight, allowing them to sprout.
- Wash, then boil the lentils in enough water to just cover the lentil. Cook for about 30 minutes, uncovered. Add little water if needed.
- Cook down lentils, stirring till all the water has evaporated.
- Add minced garlic, salt, pepper, and chopped escarole. Saute till greens turn bright green. Remove from heat.
- If serving as a main meal, serve over rice. Else, serve as a side with your favorite main course.