Spicy Roasted Eggplant
This is a spicy but delicious variation on Eggplant Dip.
1 large eggplant
1 large onion
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon red chili pepper
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
to taste sea salt
1 tablespoon ground ginger
- Roast the whole Eggplant on a foil lined baking tray at 450 for 1 hour.
- Slice Onions. Saute in oil till translucent.
- Add the Cumin Seeds and stir till they crackle.
- Add the pulp of the roasted eggplant - scooping with a spoon.
- Add Ginger. Keep stirring for 3-5 minutes. Remove from stove, serve hot with crackers on crusty bread.