Creamy Cauliflower Chowder
Creamy, hearty, and filling. Serve with grain and a salad for a complete meal.
1/4 cup filtered water
2 large carrot diced
3 stalks celery sliced
1 medium onion chopped
4 cloves garlic
1 head cauliflower chopped into bite size pieces
1 large yukon gold potato scrubbed and diced
2 each bay leaf
3 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
1 1/2 cup plain unsweetened soy milk
2 cups cannallini beans cooked and drained
1/2 tablespoon low sodium tamari
- Add water, carrots, celery, onion and garlic in a large stock pot and saute over medium heat untill browned.
- Add the cauliflower, potato, vegetable stock, Tamari, and bay leaves. Stir to mix, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, then using an immersion blender, partially blend the mixture, leaving a creamy consistency with vegetable chunks.
- Add the milk and cannellini beans and heat until just prior to a boil.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.