Top with Mocha Creme Frosting. Delicious!
1 1/2 cups maple syrup
3/4 cups coconut oil
4 1/2 ounces firm tofu
2 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup filtered water
3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 cups carob powder
2 teaspoon non-aluminum baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- The batter will make about 18 cupcakes. If you have muffin pans to cover that many, line them with unbleached paper baking cups or brush the pans with coconut butter. Otherwise, you will need to bake a second batch.
- Put the maple syrup, oil, tofu, vanilla, and water into a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk togethef the flour, carob, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then add the liquid mixture and mix together until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter to fill the lined or oiled muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 15-20 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.
- Frost with your favorite frosting. I suggest the Mocha Creme Frosting.