Brown Rice w/ Lentils & Celery Root
Yummy! This dish is flavorful, filling and easy to make. It can also be served over a baked potato instead of the rice.
4 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
2 cups plain unsweetened soy milk
1 cup french lentils
1 medium celery diced
2 cloves garlic
1 medium bay leaf
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
4 cups cooked brown rice
1 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine the stock, soy milk, lentils, celery root, garlic, bay leaf and pepper in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low, and cook until the lentils are tneder and the mixture has thickened (approximately 35-40 minutes).
- Puree the beans slightly with an immersion blender (or if using a blender puree only half the mixture.
- Stir in the salt and parsley.
- Serve over the cooked brown rice or a bake potatoe.