This recipe will consistently produce a fluffy rice. I usually make a little extra to make Breakfast Rice & Raisins
3 cup filtered water
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups uncooked long-grain brown rice
- Add water and salt in a large, heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the rice and return to a boil.
- Decrease the heat to low, cover, and simmer gently without stirring for 40 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and, using a fork, fluff the rice. Cover and let stand 5 minutes longer.
- Fluff the rice again and serve.