Spinach Salad w/ Pears and Walnuts
Simple and elegant starter salad.
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon maple syrup
sever grinds ground black pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup raw walnuts toasted and chopped
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
6 cups baby spinach leaves washed and dried
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 small shallots minced
1 medium pear
- Whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, oil, maple syrup, salt, pepper, and cumin until emulsified, about 1 minute. Stir in shallot and set aside.
- Wash and dry the pear and cut it in half lengthwise. Cut each half in half again and slice out the core. Cut each quarter into 1/4-inch slics and toss the slices with the lemon juice.
- Toss the spinach with the dressing, reserving 2 tablespons. Arrange the dressed greens on 4 individual serving dishes.
- Fan out one-quarter of the pear slices on each bed of grees and drizzle evenly with the remaining dressing.
- Scatter the toasted walnuts on each plate. Serve Immediately.