Crispy Shiitake & Bitter Greens Salad
Savory salad with a fancy feel. The mushroom gives the sense of bacon bits.
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon low sodium tamari
2 cups shiitake mushrooms sliced thin
small red onion halved and cut into half-moon slices
2 teaspoons brown rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon brown rice syrup
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 belgian endive sliced into julienne-cut strips
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
1 handful arugula
1 tablespoon flax oil
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes, until they begin to wilt.
- Whisk together tamari and brown rice syrup and stir into mushrooms. Cook, stirring, until the mushrooms begin to brown at the edges, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Combine endive, arugula, and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk together oilve oil, flax oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and chili powder in a small bowl until emulsified. Pour dressing over the greens in the bowl and toss to combine.
- Place the greens in a mound on individual salad plates and top with the mushooms.