This is a coconut semolina dessert I tasted while in Jordan. This version is the vegan version that I have adapted.
2 cup semolina
1 cup shredded coconut
1 package firm tofu drained
1/2 cup sugar in the raw
1 tbsp egg replacer
as needed water
1 tbsp non-aluminum baking powder
to taste honey
1/4 cup nuts
- Combine all ingredients except water. Add water to obtain a cake batter consistency.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes
- Broil for 5 minutes or longer to get a golden crust
- Server warm with honey and nuts for topping.
- you can replace the honey with agave nectar if needed. The nuts used are usually pistachio, but my version uses sliced almonds.