Lentils with Squash and spinach
This is a very hearty dish perfect for any time of the year.
1 lbs green lentils cooked per package directions
1 butternut squash peeled and cubed
20 oz baby spinach cleaned
4 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 large onion chopped
4 cloves garlic chopped
2 tsp turmeric
to taste sea salt
- Suatee onions and garlic till tender.
- Add the squash, cook covered till squash is tender, about 10 minutes
- Add the remaining ingredients. Add some water as needed and cook covered till done, about 15 more minutes.
- Cooking the lentils ahead of time saves time on preparing this dish.
- Canned lentils can be used if needed.
- For a variation, use a different lentil or squash.