A savory snack, this dish is light and delicious
11/2 cup besan
1 inch ginger paste
1 green chillies paste
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
1 tsp citric acid
1 tsp lime juice
1 cup filtered water
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp black mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp sesame seeds
2 tsp sugar in the raw
2 tbsp cilantro chopped
2 tbsp fresh coconut grated
- combine besan, ginger, green chillies, turmeric, baking powder, citric acid, lime juice, and water to make a cake like batter.
- Steam for 20 minutes, or till the center is firm.
- Heat oil. Cook mustard, cumin and sesame seeds till they crackle. Add sugar, and out over the Dhokla.
- Garnish with coconut and cilantro.
- Besan is gram flour, available in Indian stores.