This version is a close approximation of a crab cake - without the crab. Delicious!
2 cans hearts of palm drained and minced
1 bunch scallions chopped
1/4 cup veganaise
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoon old bay
3 tablespoon grapeseed oil
2 tablespoon dulse flakes
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper fresh ground
1 teaspoon spicy mustard
- Combine minces hearts of palm, scallions, veganaise, dulse, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- refrigerate for 30 minutes (optional). This makes shaping the cakes easier.
- shape into individual cakes, coatin with remaining breadcrumbs.
- pan fry in grapeseed oil, for about 2 minutes on each side on medium heat, or till brown, on both sides.
- Server hot, with hot mustard, over a bed of greens.