Lemon "Fettuccini" Alfredo
This gluten-free "pasta" dish is delicious and easy to make.
Serves Serves 2
3 medium summer squash sliced with a spiral slicer
2/3 cup raw cashews
1 cup warm filtered water
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
1/2 large leek thinly sliced
1 tablespoon coconut oil
to taste sea salt
- Place water, lemon zest, vinegar, pepper and cashews in a high speed blender. Set aside to soak.
- Remove ends of the squash and cut into spirals using a spiral slicer. Place in a colander and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks and saute for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Blend the contents cashew mixture in the blender until smooth, creamy and piping hot (about 1-2 minutes)
- Add the creamy cashew mixture into the saucepan with the leeks. Stir to combine. Then add the squash "fettuccini" and stir for a minute until the squash is warm.
- Remove from heat and serve garnished with lemon slices and a grind of sea salt and black pepper.